Are your teeth light or Bull City White?
Are you considering a dental makeover? Why not start with your smile! The latest advances in aesthetic dentistry are available to you at our practice. By correcting or improving the color, shape, spacing, height or width of your teeth, your smile can be transformed into your best asset. Our skillful professionals use state-of-the-art technology and materials deliver superb results!
This is typically done at your recall appointment to determine if you are a good candidate for bleaching. We evaluate causes of discoloration and clinical concerns with treatment. (Ex existing restorations, sensitivity). The best whitening results are received after a professional cleaning and concurrent use of ‘whitening formula’ toothpaste.
Your teeth become stained naturally as a result of the food, drinks and medications you consume. Dental office whitening use Carbamide Peroxide to effectively lift the stain from deep within your tooth (unlike surface stain removers over the counter). The result is a whiter, more youthful smile! As “Zoom” lights have proven ineffective, compared to non UV light options, we offer three convenient options to bleach your teeth. Dental bleach was originally formulated to help treat periodontal disease. Restoration of large cavities and a thorough dental cleaning is advised prior to bleaching. Bleaching should be considered prior to placing non-bleaching crowns or cosmetic restorations.
Our Whitening Options
Zoom Whitening Treatment ($400)
Zoom Extreme is our in office whitening treatment that leaves you walking out with a brighter and whiter smile after your visit. We use a light accelerated treatment that whitens immediately in three to four 15-minute sessions. The process starts with your dental checkup and cleaning to ensure that your teeth and gums are good candidates for the Zoom whitening treatment. The day of your Zoom treatment your lips and gums will be prepped and protected from the whitening process. One of our amazing dental assistants apply the Zoom hydrogen peroxide whitening gel to your teeth. The gel is then activated by the Zoom special light and the magic begins. This process repeats three to four times for 15 minutes, leaving you with a brighter smile in just an hour!
Zoom Extreme Package ($505)
Zoom Extreme is our in office whitening treatment that leaves you walking out with a brighter and whiter smile after your visit. We use a light accelerated treatment that whitens immediately in three to four 15-minute sessions. The process starts with your dental checkup and cleaning to ensure that your teeth and gums are good candidates for the Zoom whitening treatment. The day of your Zoom treatment your lips and gums will be prepped and protected from the whitening process. One of our amazing dental assistants apply the Zoom hydrogen peroxide whitening gel to your teeth. The gel is then activated by the Zoom special light and the magic begins. This process repeats three to four times for 15 minutes, leaving you with a brighter smile in just an hour! The Zoom experience will end with a fluoride treatment in your custom made trays. You will leave with a Zoom goody bag including your custom made trays, fluoride treatment, and whitening gel for at home touch ups. And of course a brighter and whiter smile!
Custom Whitening Trays ($289)
We are able to make you custom whitening trays here in office for your whitening gel refills or at home treatments. This allows you to brighten and whiten in the comfort of your own home.
When Whitening is not Enough:
Veneers are thin custom lab made shells of porcelain that are bonded to the front of your prepared teeth. They are a great remedy for misaligned chipped, spaced, cracked, or stained teeth. Dramatic, beautiful results can be achieved in as few as two appointments. Veneers are considered long-term restorations that strengthen, protect and enhance the beauty of your smile.
Though the bleaching trays we offer can be effective, they may not provide the amount of whitening you desire. For example, dark gray or brown tetracycline stains often do not whiten well with these trays. Please also remember that dental restorations and fillings cannot be altered by a whitening product. Additionally, teeth are naturally darker near the gum line and may require more time to lighten. We also suggest that you visit our practice for routine dental check-ups before and after you whiten your teeth so you can keep your smile strong and healthy.
Patient Instructions for Custom Whitening Trays
Daytime and Nighttime Use
- Brush and floss your teeth and then rinse your mouth with water.
- Put a pea-sized dot of the whitening agent in each of the first eight front tooth impressions in the whitening trays on the cheek side.
- Dry your teeth as much as you can.
- Put the whitening trays in your mouth over your teeth. Let any excess whitening agents run out of the trays.
- Wipe away any whitening agents that spill on your gum tissue; rinse your mouth if necessary.
- Wear the trays for 2-3 hours everyday and while you sleep every night for 2-3 weeks (as a note, the whitening agents are active for about 2 hours).
- After wearing the trays for the allotted period of time, remove them from your mouth. Brush and rinse your teeth and the trays to clean away the whitening agents.
- Avoid dark liquids or foods for about 2 hours after removing the trays and as much as possible during whitening treatment. Some foods and drinks to avoid include coffee, tea, red wine, berries, sodas, dark juices, etc.
Sensitivity or Gum Irritation
If you experience gum tissue irritation, tooth sensitivity, or ulceration, then please follow these instructions:
- If you experience tooth sensitivity during a whitening treatment, then you may only want to whiten your teeth every 2-3 days for 1-3 hours. Start to brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth. You may want to use this toothpaste right after you remove the whitening trays. If your sensitivity is extreme, then discontinue a whitening treatment.
- Sometimes during a whitening treatment patients experience irritation in their gum tissue as well as their lips, tongue, and throat. These effects usually discontinue 1-3 days after one ends a whitening treatment. If you experience this irritation for more than 2 days or it worsens, then call our office at 919-381-5900.
What To Avoid During Teeth Whitening Treatment
- Do not undergo a whitening treatment if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Please do not eat or drink while wearing a whitening tray.
- Don’t use tobacco while wearing a whitening tray. You may also want to avoid tobacco use throughout your treatment period because it can stain teeth.
- Don’t whiten your teeth with household products or products purchased from the internet or an unknown source.
- Please do not expose your whitening agents or trays to hot water or sunlight because the heat can ruin them.
- Don’t freeze your whitening agents, instead store them in the fridge.
- Please keep the whitening trays away from pets because they may think that the trays are chew toys.